It is important to avail of our leisure time at some outdoor locations. One of the great sources of joy and pleasure is “Camping” with your family. The camping cannot be supposed without the best tent air conditioner and fans. No doubt! Camping is a remarkable outdoor activity which brings pleasure to your family. It gives refreshment to your kids along with quality time with parents and siblings.
But, if you lacking portable air conditioners for tents in your accessories then it may bring discomfort to you. This is because your tent is going to be very hot during day time. Other than this, sleeping whole night in the warm and buggy tent will be another tragedy for you. The camping tour is joyful if you have a lightweight, small-sized portable camping air conditioner.
Following are some features of portable camping air conditioners
- Keep the tent environment comfy
- Disinfect and dehumidify the air
- Prevent Allergies
- Lightweight and portable
- Have a great cooling impact
- Keep your tent smell and dust free
Therefore, don’t miss to enjoy the feature of these portable AC units for camping. We provide a detail buying guide consisting of top market competent brands and their portable tent air conditioners model reviews. The Top 12 best tent air conditioners are shortlisted based on research and feedback.
Following Are The 12 Best Tent Air Conditioner
The first best portable tent air conditioner in our list is Frigidaire Window mounted compact air conditioner. This is because this mini window portable AC for tent is enough to cool the room of 150 square feet. This mini compact window air conditioners for tents dehumidify the room up to 1.1 points per hour. The best air conditioner for camping of 5000 BTU requires the usual 115V electrical outlet for its best functioning.
Moreover, this best camping air conditioner has 2 speed for fan, 2 speed for cool and also its grill is 2 way directional. The best feature of this portable AC for camping tent consumes less power in starting and produce less sound. Besides, the energy efficiency ratio of this small tent air conditioner is 11:1
- The best tent air conditioner unit is very lightweight, weigh only 35 pounds.
- It consumes less voltage at the start.
- This portable air conditioner for camping tent is easy to mount in the window.
- The motor run has low RPM of 1312.
- It is a lightly bulky best tent air conditioner. Thus, not suitable for small tents.
If you are searching for a multi-purpose camping air conditioner for tent then purchase EdgeStar Portable Air conditioner. The mini camping air conditioner can quickly cool a room of 400 square feet in less than 20 minutes. This best tent air conditioner has 14000 BTU and self-evaporating technology. The portable camping AC units also have a remote control so that you can easily control them from anywhere. Instead of 2 speed fan, the air conditioner for tent has 3 speed fan with the window vent kit.
The EdgeStar Portable AP14003W Air Conditioner unit is a multi-purpose unit with a dehumidifier function. This is considered as the best camping tent with AC because of its lightweight and unique design features.
- Camping portable air conditioner has built-in evaporating technology.
- This AC for tent camping can be operated with remote control.
- It also has a 24 hours timer function.
- The panel has a small LED so that you can operate at night.
- It produces noise during running.
Tripp Lite Server Rack Portable Air Conditioner is also rated as the best mini portable air conditioner for camper. It’s some special features like dehumidifying, and air- filtering makes this compact window AC perfect for tent cooling. This AC units for camping has the function of automatic restart in case of outages. This portable AC unit for tent delivers cooling power of 10000 BTU. It requires a simple tent with air conditioner port installation and has a self-evaporating system which means you need not worry about the water collection tank.
The cooling capacity of this camping air conditioner unit makes it useful even in hot days in summer. Optional remote control is also included in the pack for controlling and monitoring the cooling system of this best tent air conditioner.
- The portable camping air conditioner requires 120V input.
- It weighs only 35 pounds.
- It is best suitable for 6 people sleeping tent.
- The best tent air conditioner can be placed anywhere or can be mounted in the window.
- Parts replacement is not available.
- The body has less life span.
If you want to enjoy camping in hot days then you must have a portable camper air conditioner. IcyBreeze Cooler Package could be the best option for you. This tent air conditioner DIY looks similar to a beverage cooler, with the fan and output hose on the top.
Also, to enjoy cool breeze you just need to fill the water tank, switch on the fan and IcyBreeze lets you feel comfortable even that you are surrounded by 35 degrees. Above all, the new feature of this cooler is that you are free from finding power. This can be run by a simple 12V car battery. You can also charge it with an appropriate charger and it is ready to give you cool breeze anywhere in home or outside. Like some other coolers, it is also powered with 3 speed fan.
- Battery operated portable air conditioner for camping
- The size and weight are very compatible.
- This portable air conditioner camping is suitable for 2 persons.
- It can be charged with a car battery.
- This camping air conditioner unit is very expensive, almost its price is 400US $.
- Battery time is very low of this best tent air conditioner
The JHS Portable Air Conditioner is one of the best tent air conditioner which is compressor-driven in the market. The JHS portable air conditioning camping has a cooling capacity of 8,000 BTU, and this is enough to cool a very large tent. If you want to dry it and you can switch on its dehumidifier option.
Moreover, a new function in this portable AC for tent is its programmable timer. Thus, you can set up the starting time or off time so that it makes your tent cool before your arrival after hiking. This air conditioner for camping can also be controlled by a remote. Thus, no need to get out of bed when you feel that the atmosphere is clammy or want to turn on the unit.
- It has a lot of functions and settings.
- This portable AC unit for a tent weighs only 44 pounds.
- JHS air conditioner has vents for exhaust system and wastewater removal.
- It has an accurate and reliable programed timer.
- This air conditioner for tents consumed 920W power. Thus, it is power hungry unit.
- Exhaust system produces some noise.
During hiking, we mostly sleep in camps or tents. We need battery powered air conditioning unit for hot summer days. For hiker evaporative coolers is the best option. Hessaire Products Evaporative Cooler has solved the problem of extreme sweating after hiking. Therefore, providing us the best camping air conditioner for hikers.
All such camping air conditioner for tents consumed very low power. Thus, they require power only for evaporation with the help of a small fan. The body of this cooler is made from high quality thick plastic which is not too heavy. It is very easy to push this cooler with one hand. The electrical consumption of this unit is 82 watts. The water tank of this camping air conditioners for tents can reserve 4.8 gallons. Although, its lightweight but its cooling capacity can quickly make the room of 500 square feet cool and comfortable.
- It weighs only 16 pounds.
- This portable air conditioner for tents does not consume much electricity.
- Full evaporation only takes an hour.
- Due to the small size, it can easily be placed anywhere.
- The water reservoir is small.
- It produces a loud sound.
If you have a small tent and don’t have much space for tent air conditioner battery powered then this toaster size room cooler fulfills your need. This portable camper air conditioner is best for one or two people so that both can get a direct cool breeze with purified water mist.
This mini cooler can produce cool breeze at a speed of 25 mph. This portable air conditioning camping consumed only 12V power. Keep this in mind that this is not an air conditioner. The best fan for tent camping has 12 feet long power cable so it is easy to find switch or generator if not nearby. The fan of this cooler can easily circulate the air at an angle from 12 to 25 degrees.
- It has temperature and fan settings.
- Use only water for cooling.
- 12V battery powered fans for camping
- It is easy to carry anywhere because of its Lightweight.
- It requires continuous water topping.
This unit is not an air conditioner yet it produces cooling more than the simple mini camping air conditioner. This mini cooler can lower the camp to 30 degrees in less than 20 minutes. Xpower Outdoor Misting Fan consumed 138 watts which are produced with the help of induction motor.
Moreover, this fan has 3 speed fan that means you can adjust the airflow according to the desired level of cooling. The best fan for tent camping has easy grip handle and a stand so that you can carry and place anywhere outside the camp. This portable camping AC units are lightweight and consume only 1.2 amp electricity. Xpower Misting fan has 7 feet long power cable that can be rolled in a specially designed space.
- This best tent air conditioner produces mist for a cool atmosphere.
- Its motor is properly sealed so fewer chances of current leakage.
- It consumes the least electricity.
- This cooling fan has multiple speed settings.
- It can be louder in small places.
- Sometimes it produces a lot of moisture in very hot conditions.
Another fan whose cooling capacity is almost equal to battery operated air conditioner for camping is Arctic Cove Bucket Misting Fan. The bucket of this fan has a capacity of 5 gallons of water and sold separately. In a single full charge, this best fan for tent camping can work for 2.5 hours.
The working time can be increased up to 7 hours if we run this misting fan at a low speed. This fan can be run directly from electricity or with rechargeable batteries. To run on batteries, you have to purchase 2 18V lithium batteries. Depending on the area, you can directly on the stand or place on the water bucket.
- Double battery powered fans for camping
- It can be mounted on the wall.
- This fan has 3 speed cooling system.
- It can work for 7 hours on low speed.
- Water bucket not included in the pack. This is purchased separately.
Another small but powerful portable AC unit for campers is the Honeywell Compact Portable Air conditioner. The first point which makes this air conditioning for tents very useful is its wheels. We can move it easily with the help of wheels.
Moreover, remote control is also given so that we can operate this tent camping air conditioners without getting out of the bed. The company also provides a dehumidifier that can work at 1.8 points per hour. This camping portable air conditioner is very easy to install with an output of 8000 BTU. Filters used in this tent camping air conditioning are washable and easy to remove from the grill.
- This portable air conditioner for a camping tent is available in 3 different colors.
- A double variant of 8000 and 12000 BTU.
- It produces low noise.
- Wheels for easy transportation.
- The exit hose is very small.
Here comes the lightest air cooler which is suitable for all places. HoMedics MyChill space cooler weighs only 2 pounds. This small size cooler can cool 4 feet radius. Its powerful cooling system can cool up to 12 degrees Celsius.
Moreover, this fan has 2 speed cooling system. This mini cooler has a light indicator system that tells you that the water tank needs to be filled. If the water tank is empty and you forget to fill, then the automatic system will shut down the unit. The grill is washable and easy to replace. HoMedics MyChill space cooler requires will low power
thus it will not increase the electricity bill. This unit is available in 3 different colors.
- This best tent air conditioner is environmentally friendly.
- It requires very low power to run.
- This mini cooler weighs only 2 pounds.
- The body parts are eco-friendly.
- The cooling radius is very small.
- Continuous refill of the water tank after 1 to 3 hours.
If you are searching for a stylish outdoor portable camping air conditioner than Koldfront Dehumidifier Air Conditioner should your first choice. This is because this portable camping air conditioner has 14000 BTU cooling capacity which can easily cool the room of 500 square feet. The portable AC unit for camping also has a
dehumidification of 4.5 points per hour or 125 points per day.
In a very condensed environment, it automatically switches to the exhaust system. Moreover, a 3 optional speed range fan camping air conditioner unit with washable filters. This portable air conditioner camping can also be operated by remote control. Above all, the fan swing from top to bottom and from left to right for perfect cooling.
Besides, you can select the sleeping timer for a sound sleep. This portable tent air conditioner will automatically raise the temperature by 1 or 3 degrees after every 2 hours.
- It has wheels for easy transportation.
- The best tent air conditioner can be operated by remote control.
- Its powerful airflow covers a larger area.
- The body is made from durable plastic.
- It is heavier than the others.
What To Look For In Best Tent Air Conditioner
You need to carefully choose the tent air conditioner because one can not be sure about the changing climate of the campsite. Hence, there are some factors that you need to consider before buying the best tent air conditioner.
The tent Ac has to spread its cooling effect in such a small space, so it should have enough power to maintain that provides cooling throughout the night without shutting off due to power shortage.
The air conditioner for a tent should be light in weight and compact in size so that they can be moved from one place to another without any hassle.
The right air conditioner for the tent is the one that comes in compact size along with excellent cooling capacity. It should neither be too small nor too big for the tent as it can cause dampness or leave some areas without cooling.
Window AC vs. Room AC
As far as the size is concerned, window AC is compact and has more cooling capacity than the room AC. You can easily mount these ACs on the wall or the window of the tent. Whereas, the room ACs can be placed anywhere near the socket. The room AC comes with an exhaust that drives away the humid air out of the window of the tent.
In conclusion, a portable AC unit for camping should be capable to cool tent area overnight. You should choose AC for tent camping that has multiple modes to operate like fan, dehumidifier, and cooler. Besides, it must be small sized, light in weight and durable best tent air conditioner
Above all, you need to make sure about the temperature of your planned destination for camping. Check the temperature predictions in advance before buying a portable air conditioner for tent camping. However, the cooling you need is dependent on the temperature of the location. Thus, if it’s much hotter, then buy some advanced level of cooling small portable AC unit for camping.
Here we reviewed the portable air conditioning units for camping that have all the required features necessary for enjoyable camping trips. These portable air conditioner for tent will make your camping tour are quite luxuries and comfortable. Read, observe and evaluate these top 12 best tent air conditioner to value out your money.