The greatest worry for parents is how to keep their children safe. Especially while sitting in a car. This is due to the fact that any kind of mistake or negligence on the part of parents can result in some serious injury or accident. Therefore, parents choose car seats to keep children safe, secure and in one place. There are many options for car seats and convertible car seats available in the market to choose from.
But the difference between a car seat and a convertible car seat may seem confusing at first. A convertible car seat is just like a normal seat that has two placement options. It can face in either direction be it the rear of the car or facing the front. Plus, another key factor to consider about the convertible car seat is that it can accommodate all sizes and weights of children safely. The best convertible car seat for tall babies is the one that has enough room to keep your child safe and secure while sitting in the car.
In this article, we will put forward all the features offered by the convertible car seats in order to choose the best convertible car seat for tall babies.
Convertible Car Seat Buying Guide
When getting a convertible Car Seat following factors need to be taken into consideration. Following the convertible car seat buying guide will help you in making the right choice to keep your baby safe. These factors are universal for all kinds of car seats they are not specific to a single brand.
The Size Of The Car
The first thing to consider when getting a car seat is the size of a car. The car seat that you choose for your baby should fit your car perfectly. Because you don’t want to end up with a car seat that is either too big or too small for your car.
Movement Of Car Seat
How often you move the car seat in and out of the car also is a major factor that can affect the final choice of decision making. If you need to move the car seat in or out of the car frequently then getting a portable lightweight car seat is your best bet.
Ease Of Cleaning
The best convertible car seat for the baby is the one that can be cleaned easily. Ease of cleaning is very important as babies tend to make a lot of mess. There are car seats that offer removable covers for easy cleaning. A fixed cover may seem difficult to clean. Any car seat that is difficult to clean can act as a germ breeding ground for your little one.
Comfort level Of The Car Seat
The comfort level that the car seat offers is also a very essential factor when getting a car seat. A child sitting comfortably in the car seat will make no fuss or cry and disturb you while driving.
This Convertible Car Seat is an amazing rear facing car seat over 40 lbs that grows with the baby. Suitable to be used from birth until the baby turns 10 years of age. For advanced safety precautionary measures, the seat is made using automotive strength steel. Shaped like a dual spine that shapes according to your baby for added comfort and protection. It comes with a SuperLatch with a click on the lock to ensure that the baby remains harnessed and safe. The style of the Radian 3X is taking from Europe having soft covers made of cloth and a bottom that contains memory foam. Having a narrow and slim design this car seat can be fitted in all kinds of medium-sized cars. Plus, it folds flat to be taken along for traveling.
- A very safe and secure rear facing car seat 40 lb.
- The Radian 3x is designed to grow with your baby.
- The maximum weight that it can is 100lbs.
- It also includes attached space for putting a cup.
- Available in five different eye-catching colors that include; black, grey, blue, red and pink.
- Have a very strong and sturdy body.
- It feels a little on the heavy side.
The Evenflo Convertible Car seat is not only a good car seat for infants. But it is the best rear facing car seat for tall babies too. Designed to grow as your baby grows. This car seat up to 65 lbs of weight carrying capacity. The seat has a 3e side protecting system that has a tendency to absorb 50 percent of shock in case of an accident. The quick latch system aids in keeping the baby secure during travel. The built of the Triumph LX can fit almost any kind of vehicle. The 5 point harness fits babies perfectly and also keeps the baby secure.
There are two spaces given for holding cups on both sides.
- This convertible car seat up to 65 pounds weight holding capacity.
- The foam has the tendency to absorb energy, especially on uneven roads.
- 5 point harness keeps the baby secure.
- It is suitable to take along on an airplane.
- The 3e side protection is designed to absorb 50 percent shock of an impact.
- Quick latch locking system.
- The seat can be adjusted in both the front and rear positions as required.
- Two cup holders on both sides.
- The cushions can be easily washed.
- This seat doesn’t go well with strollers.
This convertible car seat works as an extended rear facing car seats as well as it can also be placed on the front-facing position. Having a total of seven reclining positions this seat is best to use for infants. It can also be used as a convertible car seat for tall child. The mesh cover of the foam padding is designed to protect your child also to absorb heat. The ClickTight technology makes installation a breeze. Keeping safety in mind the harness of the car seat is shaped like a V with a steel frame and a strong base to absorb energy. The harness has a total of 14 different adjustment positions in order to keep all sizes of babies secure. The ClickTight locks click shut with a sound that reassures the parents that their child is properly harnessed. Weight holding capacity of this rear facing car seats up to 40 lbs.
- It includes both forward-facing and rear-facing orientation.
- The ClickTight locks make a loud clicking noise when locked.
- The seat is designed with keeping the highest levels of security in check.
- The seat has a tendency to grow your baby.
- Some users found the buckle of the harness to be short to secure tall babies.
- This seat is not suitable for small-sized cars.
Graco is one of the leading brands manufacturing children gear’s and accessories for more than a decade. The Graco 4Ever Car Seat is one of the best car seats for tall toddlers. Not only this but this car seat grows with your baby. It can transform to be used until 10 years of age. The most distinctive factor of this convertible car seat is that it can be positioned in four different ways. The rear facing car seats up to 40 lbs of weight carrying capacity. When placed forward faced it is ideal to be used for children having a weight between 22 and 65 pounds. The high back booster converts to become car seats for tall babies and can be used for 4-year-olds as well. The backless booster makes it the best car seat for tall 3 year old and ages up. The safety harness system ensures that the child travels in the car safely. It comes with a Graco InRight Latch system that closes with an audible click sound.
- One of the best convertible car seats for tall babies that can be used at all stages of childhood.
- There is an indicator ball at the side of the seat that shows if the seat is installed correctly.
- The build of the car seat ensures the best comfort is provided to your child.
- The 4 in 1 feature offers 4 different types of positioning.
- The car seat covers remove easily for washing and cleaning purposes.
- The harness of this car seats adjusts accordingly with height the kid.
- The seat is not very portable it is meant to be fixed in the car.
This car seat is a really good convertible car seat for tall baby. This rear facing car seat 40 lbs starting weight capacity till 100lbs. Forward facing positioning can hold up to 5 till 40 pounds of weight. While the booster can hold 40 to 100 pounds of weight. This convertible car seat extended rear facing is available in many colors along with a foam on the sides for additional safety. The harness of this seat can be put on and off without any difficulty. It is designed to fit according to your child. To make small children feel comfortable the seat includes a head rest. To use this car seat for infants there is a removable infant insert included.
- The harness is super easy to put on.
- Though the design of the seat seems narrow, it is a convertible with most rear legroom.
- The sides of the seat has a cup holder making it an ideal car seat for tall 3 year old.
- Cleaning the seat is very easy as it has a removable cover.
- The use of the harness is limited to a specific age limit.
If your child is a fan of Marvel Superheroes then it will be an exciting experience to sit in this convertible car seat for tall baby. This seat has all the features to keep your child safe. Using a 5 point harness system with two points on the shoulders, two on the side of hips and the last one where it buckles between the legs for additional security. There are three adjustment straps given on the seat to adjust the harness according to the weight and age of the child. To use it as a convertible car seats for taller babies make use of the booster seat. Three point headrest ensures that the child is safe in case of an impact. This is the best car seat for tall toddler as it ensures the safety and comfort of the kid at the same time.
- The seat is tested to match all the preset security standards.
- This seat is very portable and can easily be moved.
- The Latch ensures that the child is tucked in safe.
- Available in different superhero designs.
- Some users found the straps to be narrow.
This extended rear facing car seat is designed to hold upto 5 to 40 pounds of weight. It can hold about 22 pounds to 55 pounds when facing in front. The built of the car seat has protections on the sides as a result of an impact. The cover is removable for easy cleaning. Five point harness ensures that your child sits securely in the seat. All of the features offered in this seat makes it one of the best car seats for tall toddlers.
- Light in weight makes transportation easy.
- The price of this seat is very affordable.
- The chair has a tendency to grow along with your child.
- Some parents felt that the size of the chair seemed too wide.
This can be used as a convertible car seat extended rear facing for a small child weight 5 pounds to be converted to a forward-facing seat suitable to be used for a child weighing 100 pounds. Making this seat ideal to use as the best car seat for tall babies and for older kids as well. The seat comes with a safety cushioning on either side of the head. Having a three-position recline to use within each stage of growth. And with removable covers and padding that can be washed easily.
- The five point harness keeps the baby safe in one position.
- There is a quick lock that ensures additional security.
- The price of this seat is very reasonable.
- Best to be used as a car seat for bucket seats.
- The base of the car seat is not that wide.
This convertible car seat offers the best safety features that parents usually look for making it one of the best car seats for tall toddlers as well as babies. Designed by specialists making use of crash management technology it has protections on either side. The car seat can be positioned in two ways as a rear facing car seat over 40 lbs and also as a car seat up to 65 lbs. It comes with a triple facing reclining system. The super comfy padding of the car seat can be removed for cleaning.
- Features designed by experts using crash management technology.
- There are two modes available; forward-facing and rear-facing.
- The fabric and padding of the car seat are made of very high-quality materials.
- The cup holder is very small in size.
This convertible car seat has a very compact design that fits perfectly in small cars. The rear facing car seat up to 50 lbs is designed with keeping global safety regulations in check. The side rests of the head provide safety at the same time feeling very comfortable. The honeycomb design of the base has amazing shock-absorbing capabilities.
- The seat is made using a moisture absorbing material.
- Includes adjustable harness along with safety headrests.
- The seat needs to be assembled prior to use.
This convertible works as a rear-facing, forward-facing and also as car seats for tall kids. Installation is done in an instant using a super latch system. The five-point harness along with side padding fixes to keep the baby protected at all times. The seat has all the features to grow along with the baby.
- Available in many different colors.
- Harness includes height adjustments.
- The soft material mesh material is designed to keep the baby cool.
- Some users found the seat to be very heavy.
The click latch lock makes it one of the car seats for tall toddlers. The 14 position harness and the safety buckle can be adjusted as the child grows. The seven reclining positions ensure that the kid feels relaxed while sitting. Surrounded with a metal frame for additional security along with a shock-absorbing base. The convertible car seat rear facing up to 50 lbs while forward-facing capacity is up to 65 pounds.
- Easy installation.
- Seven reclining positions.
- It comes with an impact bearing base.
- The seat doesn’t fit all kinds of cars.
13. Graco Extend2Fit Convertible Car Seat
The Graco Exten2fit is a rear facing car seat 50 pounds weight carrying capacity. When placed facing forward it can hold weight till 65pounds. The four extension panels make it a convertible with most rear legroom. The highest level of safety is guaranteed as this seat is made after conducting various crash tests.
- Six reclining positions are available for the best comfort.
- Two cup holders on either side.
- The cover can be easily machine washed.
- The five-point harness is designed to protect the baby.
- Available in different colors.
- A separate infant seat is not included.
Designed with keeping focus keeping the child protected using the best technologies. Using a metal back support to provide security and without feeling uncomfortable. This convertible car seat for tall child can adjust to ten positions to make sure the fit is perfect. The shell crumples have the capability of absorbing impact. The foam used in the padding works to absorb shocks in case of an accident. The top tether hooks make sure that the child stays in place with a latch lock.
- It offers the best security features.
- Certified by regulating bodies to keep children protected.
- The seat covers can be washed.
- The harness straps have a tendency of turning.
This car seat can be used from the infant stage till the child turns 10 years of age. It can coverts to an extended rear facing car seat with a five-point harness system. The whole body of the seat have two layers of foam for added protection and comfort levels. The lock makes an audible click sound to ensure that it is properly locked. A top-quality steel frame and a solid base make it ideal to absorb any impact of shocks. The material of the seat is made up of mesh to provide ventilation.
- Converts to three different seats to be used during all stages of childhood.
- The harness can be adjusted without any problem.
- Easy three-step installation can be time-saving for parents.
- Headrest provides the right amount of support needed to support an infants head
- It can take up a lot of space therefore, it is not suitable for small cars.
Why Should You Buy The Best Convertible Car Seats For Tall Babies
Height and Weight appropriate
The weight limits for most of the infant and rear-facing-only seats are between 30 and 35
pounds, which would seem adequate to you while buying but once your child will outgrow the
weight limit after two years or more, it will become a matter of concern. Therefore, it is
important to find the best convertible car seats with appropriate height and weight for your
Need of a Convertible Model
According to Consumer Reports’ child-seat experts and American Academy of Pediatrics, it is
recommended to adopt the strategy of parents keeping the children rear-facing until the age of
2. Which is to say, you’ll still have to buy a convertible model to keep your child rear-facing until
his second birthday. Whereas, also according to the New laws in California, New Jersey, and
Oklahoma it is required to keep the kids under the age of two rear-facing. Which makes it more
essential to have a best convertible car seat.
Best for the Babies
The results from new researches related to the rear facing of children shows that the best
convertible car seats for babies around age 1 provide some additional protection as compared
to an infant seat in protecting a baby’s head.
Safety Outweighs Inconveniences
It might feel inconvenient moving to a fixed rear-facing seat as it will not allow portability of the
infant carrier. But it will be more inconvenient and heavy to lug around as the baby's weight will
grow. Which negates the seat's appeal. Also, it is found out by the Journal of Pediatrics that it’s
dangerous to put a baby to sleep in an infant seat when outside of the car. Therefore, the best
convertible seat is the safest option.
Make the switch now.
It is recommended to switch to the best rear-facing convertible seat.
Hope you will find the best convertible car seat for tall babies, though it depends upon the usage of the seat as well as the features you are looking for in a car seat. But there are certain things you must not miss while choosing to buy the most appropriate convertible car seat, those are; the size of the car, movement of the car seat, ease of cleaning and comfort level of the seat. It is to reassure you guys that if you can strictly follow these attributes in your mind, you will definitely land on choosing the right one for your baby.